Sunday

Hat Labels and their Meanings

I know that it can be very confusing to figure out what your hat label means in the hat you purchased: it can have two labels, just a stamp, more than two labels, and even no label at all.

I've found in my experience that labels can mean so many different things: The name of the boutique it was purchased from, the company that made the hat, the designer, union made marker, and even the company who may have distributed the hat from one county to the next or from the designers to the store itself.

I found in my opinion that the only labels that seem to "matter" are the designer labels such as: Coco Chanel, Mr. John, Sally Victor, Christian Dior, Elsa Schiaparelli, Yves St. Laurent, Etc. With these labels also must come with a hat in Amazing Condition.

Although I will say any designer hat that catches your eye, even though it will cost more, you will always know what kind of hat you're buying!
But don't get discouraged if you can't spend a lot on designer hats. I've owned and worn so many hats that have had either no label or not a name brand label, and still received to many complements to even count.


My philosophy in buying hats is to find one that catches your eye and sparks your sense of style, and wear it proudly and with much gusto. Once you find a hat that gives you that striking look nothing else matters!

Enjoy!